The old instagram unfollow

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 2:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ellebelle
    ellebelle
    Participant
    August 7, 2019 at 7:50 pm #205054

I matched with this guy on okcupid and we really seemed to get along. He was away on a trip for 2.5 weeks when we were messaging, so we made plans to meet up when he got back into town. We texted every day and had in-depth conversations while getting to know one another. He was the one to make initial contact on the majority of the texts and I think I only texted him first on three or four of the days. I know it’s ideal to keep things digital for so long before meeting, but there wasn’t another option.

Anyways, he got back into town on Sunday and we made plans to meet up today. He then texts me yesterday and says that he is still hung up on his ex and isn’t ready to date. He doesn’t apologize at all, but just says that it isn’t fair to me to pretend. I definitely call BS on this excuse, but just send him a quick reply saying that I understand and thank him for his honesty. I know it’s not the truth because he’s still on okcupid and has been online since then.

ellebelle
    ellebelle
    Participant
    August 7, 2019 at 7:51 pm #205055

Continued: We both still follow each other on instagram and he’s still viewing every single one of my stories, but hasn’t liked any posts since sending me the get lost text. Is it passive aggressive to unfollow him at this point? There’s definitely nothing there anymore and I want to move on.

Brrr in Alaska
    Brrr in Alaska
    Participant
    August 10, 2019 at 6:44 pm #205178

Unfollow him? Put aside social media for a second and imagine there wasn’t any. Would you continue to follow him around town to see what he is doing with his life if there was no relationship? Isn’t “following” him on social media in essence the same thing? If you feel it isn’t then then you’ve lost the distinction between social media and real life. A common problem is this day and age. Ask yourself this. What’s the point in “following” him if you really want to move on? Wouldn’t it be easier if you didn’t?

Lost_Pup
    Lost_Pup
    Participant
    August 13, 2019 at 12:10 pm #205315

I have a rule that I never share social media with someone I’m dating or potentially dating. Not because I’m hiding anything, but because it always causes drama at some point. I tell people that upfront, and for the most part, they understand because they have seen it happen too. I’ll show people if they want to see, but I won’t accept them as ‘friends’