Stuck at the first date stage

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alc2210
    alc2210
    Participant
    August 26, 2019 at 8:32 am #206116

So, I started dating earlier this year. So far, I had three dates off some apps. The first one was ok, but we mutually agreed there was no connection. I felt the second one had potential, but she seemed to be trying to screw it up at the end. The last one was really fun, but in a friendly sort of way, and again we agreed there was no potential there. All three dates ended remarkably the same way. We would spend roughly 1.5 hours together, then she’d check the time and say she has to go, thanking me for meeting up with her. Recently, I matched with another girl off tinder. We messaged for a long time, and then I added her on fb. We seem to have a lot of common interests, and I’m getting a really good vibe from our interactions, her profiles/bios. I didn’t feel this way about the other two, I can’t help it, it’s just my intuition, which is usually correct. I asked her out, and she enthusiastically said yes. We’re going to meet up on Sunday. How do I keep her interested?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 26, 2019 at 7:10 pm #206138

by just enjoying the moment and having a good time and enjoying yourself, and your new date. thats it.
    if you “try” to do something – you’ll fail. (ever “try” to go to sleep? nevr happens does it… but if you dont’ think about it and “just let it happen” next thing you know your’e sleeping. same with dating).

stay IN THE MOMENT and just enjoy it. that’s all.

bvb
    bvb
    Participant
    August 31, 2019 at 12:40 pm #206462

Seems to be much more common with online dating. I am going through the same thing, but it seems normal. Dating someone you were friends with, or at least knew a little first, you’d have a good idea if you’d work. But meeting online, everyone is so different in person, so odds of a relationship are much less.

ghost86
    ghost86
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 4:19 am #224064

Just go with the flow & be funny lol