Strange behaviour

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Strange behaviour

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 11:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sia2020
    Sia2020
    Participant
    September 11, 2019 at 5:49 pm #206926
    Strange behaviour

Hey ladies, I need advice. I have been talking to this man for a few months. He said he is serious about us and wants to make things official. Even though those words are nice… I am no fool.

Lately, when I am on the phone with him, the line buzzes and he says it’s his sister calling and he switches over or starts texting. I asked him about this as this behaviour started this month. He told me I need to trust him. How would I discern if this is a lie or really his sister?

pedropedro
    pedropedro
    Participant
    September 16, 2019 at 8:14 pm #207128

It’s possible this is some kind of phone-related scam. Have you ever seen him in real life or over cam? What is his sister’s name? I’m suspect.

Michelle Behrens
    Michelle Behrens
    Participant
    September 16, 2019 at 11:54 pm #207135

Honey, go with your gut! I don’t buy it. He can’t call his sister back? He shouldn’t have that many interruptions that would make him want to cut short his conversation with you. Always trust your gut. Subliminal messages are received by the brain and give us a feeling about a situation. We constantly pick up things we may not consciously process. But the brain will tell us when the fish are rotten in Denmark. I learned the hard way.

Sia2020
    Sia2020
    Participant
    September 17, 2019 at 12:12 am #207137

Honey, go with your gut! I don’t buy it. He can’t call his sister back? He shouldn’t have that many interruptions that would make him want to cut short his conversation with you. Always trust your gut. Subliminal messages are received by the brain and give us a feeling about a situation. We constantly pick up things we may not consciously process. But the brain will tell us when the fish are rotten in Denmark. I learned the hard way.

YESSSS. ABSOLUTELY. I broke up with him by writing him a mini letter message and talking on the phone. I could see if this has been going on for months but this is suddenly your “sister” is calling like a damn maniac and there is no emergency. I just didn’t feel like I was a priority anymore and I am relieved that I let him go.

Sia2020
    Sia2020
    Participant
    September 17, 2019 at 9:05 am #207138

He said that he wants to show me the call log but I remembered when I was married how my ex-husband showed me a call log of a friend that he said was calling all the time and come to find out he saved another woman’s number under his friend’s name. I told this guy I am sorry but I don’t trust him because if he breaks my heart with some crap I will not tolerate it. This man said that I am breaking up with him suddenly to get with another guy but that is not true I told him. But it is what it is. This was a long-distance relationship anyway. I am in NY and he is in London.

Sia2020
    Sia2020
    Participant
    September 17, 2019 at 9:05 am #207139

He said that he wants to show me the call log but I remembered when I was married how my ex-husband showed me a call log of a friend that he said was calling all the time and come to find out he saved another woman’s number under his friend’s name. I told this guy I am sorry but I don’t trust him because if he breaks my heart with some crap I will not tolerate it. This man said that I am breaking up with him suddenly to get with another guy but that is not true I told him. But it is what it is. This was a long-distance relationship an

Michelle Behrens
    Michelle Behrens
    Participant
    September 18, 2019 at 2:36 am #207186

Yeah, that sort of accusation about breaking up for another guy is also a red flag. That’s an attempt at causing guilt and manipulation. Also sounds very immature. And that call log deal is a load of dog doo. Like you said, it means nothing.