Splitting the check

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Splitting the check

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bvb
    bvb
    Participant
    August 31, 2019 at 12:51 pm #206463
    Splitting the check

When I was 20, I had no money, and any date above Arby’s was fancy, expensive and something special. I’d always pay, and if a girl ever even offered to split, it meant the date went so badly she felt sorry for me.

Now I am past 40, buying my own food is no longer one of life’s great challenges, and as I am no longer attractive to 20 year old women, unless my date is unemployed the dinner check is not a significant expense for either of us. But more and more, women are offering to split checks. What should I do? Does it matter?

If I let her pay half, is it a sign the date went badly or she just wants to be friends?
    If I insist, will it make her uncomfortable and feel I am pressuring her into sex because she owes me?

Jacobdbest
    Jacobdbest
    Participant
    September 1, 2019 at 11:26 pm #206474

I think it depends on the situation. Like if you ask someone out for a date, then you definitely have to pay the bills. But if both agreed for blind date then yeah split check should be done. Not unless one person offers to pay everything.