Someone i've been dating is still active on dating sites

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

keren
    keren
    Participant
    June 5, 2019 at 5:57 am #201639

It’s a little embarrassing though.. but i need an advice. So.. i met someone on a dating-site called Daterex com, he seemed to be a nice guy, we went on few dates and everything was nice, we started to get intimate and after few dates we had sex, which was very nice, but then few days after he started to act strange, like suddenly he became too busy to meet with me… Another friend of mine is also on this dating-site and i decided to talk to her about it, and we found out that this guy is basically seeing her also while dating me. so i’m wondering what i should do next? should i avoid it and let it go, or should i finish with him? looking for your advice 🙏

sinpleman44
    sinpleman44
    Participant
    June 5, 2019 at 3:12 pm #201642

If you guys didn’t talk about being exclusive then you can’t blame him for seeing other women. Maybe you guys should clear things out in that regard. Wait for him to bring it up. Until then you can do the same.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 6, 2019 at 11:02 am #201671

sinpleman44 is correct.

If you’re not in an “exclusive relationship” both of you should keep your options open!
    Just because you had a few dates and had sex doesn’t mean you’re in a “relationship”.

Until you’ve had “the talk” and both agreed you want to be exclusive this is a “situationship”.
    A “situationship” is a an (undefined) association. No promises have been made to anyone.

The mistake a lot of online daters make is (assuming) or behaving like they’re exclusive.
    When they find out the other person is still seeing other people they call it playing games or cheating.

Each of us is entitled to have our own mate selection process/must haves list.
    If you were job hunting you’d send your resume to (multiple companies) until you received/accepted a job offer.
    The company would also continue to interview multiple candidates until they found someone who fit.
    Communication trumps assumption. If either of you thought the other was “the one” you should have said so.

Lastly if you only have sex because YOU want to YOU should never feel used.

Brewster
    Brewster
    Participant
    June 14, 2019 at 2:43 pm #202124

Yeah I would be done with him. If he was interested in a LTR he would act way differently.

karmacoma
    karmacoma
    Participant
    June 17, 2019 at 3:36 pm #202323

more likely his ultimate goal was to have sex with you. Recently a friend of mine met someone online and they were also all over heels it seemed but after they finally landed in bed he became a totally different person like there was a switch or something. He was becoming more and more distant and finally got totally silent.

MB313
    MB313
    Participant
    June 18, 2019 at 11:07 pm #202382

Yea he might not have a clue so you probably need to wait or try to form some sort of connection where you can openly communicate it. Good luck!

flamey3212
    flamey3212
    Participant
    June 22, 2019 at 10:18 pm #202617

If you guys didn’t talk about being exclusive then you can’t blame him for seeing other women. Maybe you guys should clear things out in that regard. Wait for him to bring it up. Until then you can do the same.
    I second this

bee
    bee
    Participant
    July 20, 2019 at 10:16 pm #204061

Until you don’t have the exclusive talk with him, he can do whatever he wants. Talk to him see where his emotions are regarding your relationship.

charlesangel
    charlesangel
    Participant
    July 21, 2019 at 5:15 pm #204069
    Reply To: Someone i've been dating is still active on dating sites

He must still be looking then.

SeriousAquarius
    SeriousAquarius
    Participant
    July 21, 2019 at 11:28 pm #204080

Yes, if you have a few dates with a person and you are getting together throughout the week, they need to disable their account.

anon1734
    anon1734
    Participant
    July 22, 2019 at 5:17 pm #204168

What do you want from it? If you don’t mind him seeing other people and want to be free to do the same, then let it go. Otherwise, you need to address it by bringing it up or ending things.

aman0326
    aman0326
    Participant
    July 27, 2019 at 10:32 pm #204426

I would try talking to them. He might like you but you don’t know unless you ask.

amyyyyblack
    amyyyyblack
    Participant
    July 31, 2019 at 1:32 pm #204645

I think if he was interested he wouldn’t be too busy to meet up. When people want to do something, they find the time to do it. It’s as simple as that.

Shorte
    Shorte
    Participant
    August 13, 2019 at 7:29 am #205308

Perhaps you have ceased to be interesting to him, because he found something more interesting, just do not guess, write and personally speak, then you will definitely understand. After all, on these dating sites everything is very complicated, try to understand that different sites are different people!

Brutal
    Brutal
    Participant
    August 21, 2019 at 7:31 pm #205920

Thanks for this!

Have a good one

1 2