Social media competition?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 3:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Geninifeed
    Geninifeed
    Participant
    November 15, 2019 at 8:53 pm #225178

My ex boyfriend and I have been broken up for 10 months and I eventually moved away because it was a very bad breakup and he got into a new relationship immediately with a coworker. He continues to this day to post things on social media aimed at me (passive aggressive, negative quotes about relationships etc.) or things directly in competition to the things I post. He was the one who left and has been in a relationship since 2 weeks after we broke up and is “in love and happy with his soulmate”. What could this mean?
    To clarify, by negative things I mean things about previous relationships (I was his only other relationship) and by competition for example, if I post a picture of a flower he will view my story then post something with a flower. If I post a picture of me out with a friend (not even male) or family member at dinner he will post a picture of his girlfriend at dinner etc. I’m just looking for some input on why he is acting this way. I know I should do the whole block and

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 22, 2019 at 5:09 pm #225676

He was the one who left and has been in a relationship since 2 weeks after we broke up and is “in love and happy with his soulmate”. I’m just looking for some input on why he is acting this way. I know I should do the whole block…”

You’re not looking for “input”. You’re hoping to get some (validation) his actions proves he still cares about you!

This is immature on both of your parts. You’re both playing games by choosing to stay connected.
    As you noted all you need to do is unfriend him and block his email address and phone number.
    {Suffering is optional.}

In order to “move on” you have to want to “let go”.
    After being broken up for 10 months you should probably be in your own relationship or too busy living your life.
    As long as you still care what he does, says, or posts you’re still (emotionally invested) in him!
    The opposite of love is not hate. It’s “indifference”.
    Your future lies ahead of you and not behind you.

Let go and Move on!
    Best wishes!