Should I text?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I text?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

atonement
    atonement
    Participant
    November 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm #225304
    Should I text?

I hosted a party a few days ago, and a guy who I cad not met previously came with one of my friends.

It definitely crossed my mind that he might be interested. He always made a point of replying when I contributed to conversation, and when I went to get something out of the room that my pets were in, he asked to see them. He was generally complimentary throughout the evening. He didn’t directly flirt or ask for my number, but I don’t think there was much opportunity.

The next day, I found his business card on my end table, and it has his cell number on it. It is possible that he left the card in hopes that I would reach out, but it’s also possible that he gave it to another guest that left it behind, or left it to promote business.

I was considering writing a general text, saying that I found the card and offering to pass the information on to whoever he’d meant to give it to, and let him take over from there. Is this a good idea? Or should I leave it alone?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by atonement atonement.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 22, 2019 at 5:28 pm #225678

I would suggest you leave it alone.
    A girl/woman shouldn’t have to “figure out” if a guy likes her!
    When a mature guy is actually “into” a woman he will make it known.

“He always made a point of replying when I contributed to conversation”
    “when I went to get something out of the room that my pets were in, he asked to see them.”
    “He was generally complimentary throughout the evening.”

{He didn’t directly flirt or ask for my number, but I don’t think there was much opportunity.} – Seriously???

Sounds like he spoke to you multiple times and had opportunities especially when he went to look at your pets.
    Even if he cowardly left his card behind for (you to chase after him) is that the kind of guy you’d want to date?
    If he really wants to see you again he’ll reach out through your mutual friend or contact you directly.
    In the meantime go out with other guys who do flirt with you and make it known they’re romantically interested in you.

campfires
    campfires
    Participant
    November 25, 2019 at 12:36 am #225713

Yes you can call him. Men do not obsess over text messages like women do. Men do not assume every new person is a stalker and a serial killer like women do. How do you know he didn’t leave a card where you could find it?

He didn’t ask you out because you cant ask a girl out the same day you meet her. If you do she just assumes you are a stalker. So he had to beat around the bush to not scare you off. You however are allowed to be as direct as you want. If you call him up and say look man I like you lets meet right now. He would probably propose to you right there.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    November 29, 2019 at 2:29 pm #225822

in My Oppion I think U have To Leave it Alone..