Should I put so much effort into a first date after online texting?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 3:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

L03634
    L03634
    Participant
    November 16, 2019 at 10:46 am #225200

Hello,
    I have met this guy on tinder and we’ve been texting for more than a month now. We haven’t been able to meet each other in person and go on a real date because there’s revolution in our country and roads are blocked. He left the city because of the bad political situation and he’s now staying in his hometown a lovely beach area outside the city and keeps posting pictures. I always like his pictures and tell him that I love this area and he said several times that he would love that I come visit his hometown. Today I commented on his whatsapp status and he invited me to visit him tomorow. I’m confused here because i don’t have any plans tomorow and I’m bored and I really want to see him badly I mean I really like this guy and I can’t wait to see him. However, his hometown is very far and I don’t have a car I will have to book a taxi and pay a huge sum of money to get there plus am not sure I can’t get there smoothly given the road closure and political turbulence in the country.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 9, 2019 at 7:13 pm #226347

Don’t romanticize obstacles!

“We haven’t been able to meet each other in person..”
    “..there’s revolution in our country and roads are blocked.”
    “I don’t have a car,,,”
    “I will have to book a taxi and pay a huge sum of money to get there..”

“Should I put so much effort into a first date after online texting?” – Hell No!
    No “first date” should have this much going against it!

Secondly no “real man” would want a woman to assume all that risk.
    For some crazy reason people using online dating sites and apps always attract those who don’t live near themselves.
    In the mean time you can (video chat or Skype) with this guy to get to know him better.

Find some guys you can date who are located safely in your area. Life is too short to be jumping through so many hoops.
    The worst thing you can do is become emotionally invested in someone you have never met in person.
    Move on!