Should I forget about him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mimoosu
    mimoosu
    Participant
    June 2, 2019 at 11:11 am #201513

Buckle up, this is going to be like a book. Thank you ahead for everyone who helps me!! So last year when we were at work with my bff, this boy always came to sit with us at the break, we didn’t know him or anything. Me and my friend are well..quite awkward and we were silent most of the time but he still came to us and even invited us to his party. Then nothing happened until this competition where we both participated. He must’ve seen that I was quite nervous and came to comfort me. After that we started snapchatting. He likes to answer to my snaps even if they are just of something boring. Few months later I got invited to his birthday party and when we went to congratulate him, he shook hands with my friends but picked me up, spun me around and then hugged me. After that party he started poking me in the stomach lightly school when he saw me (he’s one year older so we don’t see so often). I always laughed it off. After his party I kind of started to lightly get feelings for him.

mimoosu
    mimoosu
    Participant
    June 2, 2019 at 11:12 am #201514

I haven’t dated, strange for a 17 year old but I’ve always said that I’ve got enough problems as it is. These feelings weren’t this bad until the next party. We were drinking, but not too much and went to the club. He took my hand on the way, our friends were chanting like ”Kiss, kiss” but he always turned silent after that, even if he can’t usually keep his mouth shut ever. In the club he was with his friends but occasionally came to us and kept eye contact with me. When I saw that he was tired I took him to the couches and sat down beside him, he pulled me to his lap and told me how sexy I was. We sat there hugging for a bit until he needed to go for a smoke. Nothing happened after that.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 2, 2019 at 11:52 am #201523

There’s really nothing you said that requires making any decisions.
    So far at best there has been a little flirtation.

“After that party he started poking me in the stomach lightly..”
    That’s not exactly saying much beyond a an elementary school boy pulling a girl’s pigtails.”

“he pulled me to his lap and told me how sexy I was.”
    ” Nothing happened after that.”
    So basically {he still has never asked you out on a date} or even called you.

Any guy comfortable enough to put a girl in his lap in public isn’t too shy to ask a girl out
    Generally speaking if you have to “figure out” a guy it usually means he’s not all that into you.

The question isn’t whether you should forget about him but rather if you should dwell on him?

You’re not going want to hear or believe this but odds are no matter what “this’ is; it’s for life experience.
    Very few teenagers meet their “soulmate” so most teens experience their {first heartache}.
    Since you’re NOT in a “relationship” you should be focused on having fun and (be open to dating other guys).

mimoosu
    mimoosu
    Participant
    June 3, 2019 at 8:39 am #201515

Next party, more feelings. This was the part when I realized that I am totally fucked and love him. We were invited to a party and as I knew my crush was going, I of course needed to go. This night was incredible, as always there were drinks but things never went overboard. My crush got something on his shirt and I gave him my own because it has my name on it and he always jokes about how he likes my name. He changed it after to another shirt that my friend (let’s call her K) gave to him, it didn’t bother me and I was suspecting nothing even if he kept saying that the shirt smelled good. Anyways his lap was my chair for the rest of the night, we danced and he was so sweet. I guess he has something with smelling hahah because he likes to smell my hair, even before this party. He even gave me a massage while I was laying down when I mentioned that my back hurts. Me and K went outside at one point and I told her of my feelings for K and how weird and confusing it was for me.

thetigertouch
    thetigertouch
    Participant
    June 14, 2019 at 11:15 pm #202153

No. You shouldn’t forget about him.