Really like this girl who works in a shop

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nusher
    Nusher
    Participant
    July 25, 2019 at 3:05 pm #204336

Ok, so before Christmas there was this girl at a shop on the tills in my local town that I started to have a big crush on. Being me I didn’t do anything about it. Then at the start of the year she was never there I assumed she left. Only about 4 weeks ago or so, she is back there, I don’t know if she’s gay/bi I guess there are stereotype signs she has very short hair but that doesn’t mean anything, and last time I saw her she had a bracelet on with rainbow colours so no idea if that’s for gay pride or not don’t want to assume.

I only briefly chatted to her but it’s a busy shop and don’t get much to say, I can’t just go in there and ask her out in her place of work, I’m too nervous and it would be awkward asking another woman incase I’ve got it all wrong. I’ve thought of all things to say, I noticed she had a hair cut and thought maybe I could say it was nice or something, i don’t know! I don’t want to come across creepy or anything. This has bugged me for ages now, can anyone help?

Gaius
    Gaius
    Participant
    July 26, 2019 at 11:57 pm #204417

I dont know im learning

carla2019
    carla2019
    Participant
    August 2, 2019 at 5:08 am #204740

Hi,
    Just try not to overthink and be natural.
    Just start talking to her about little things each time you see her.
    It’s ok to mention her hair cut, it’s a nice observation.
    Ask her how her day is etc?
    Just gauge it from there.

Nusher
    Nusher
    Participant
    August 23, 2019 at 3:47 pm #206060

thanks for the advice, well progress is going er…nowhere! I saw her in the shop today was ready to chat to her,.. the woman in front of me took ages and by the time she went someone had quid up behind me, so didnt really have time to start asking her questions like how her day was, so I’m pretty useless at this! Hopefully I can see her again when it’s a bit quieter! But well feel like I’m getting nowhere.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 23, 2019 at 6:21 pm #206085

Yep small talk. Just small talk while it’s your turn. See how much she engages with you.
    If she starts talking with you – GREAT SIGN…. let that keep going.
    If she doesn’t… NOT a great sign.

Part of me also thinks, “just throw it in there man… yes i’d like a large strawberry smoothie… and a good number and time i can call you to ask you out for dinner sometime…”

I’ve heard/learned that women like men who aren’t afraid, upfront, and comfortable/confident to do that and dont’ make any bones about their interest and attraction. Apparently this is less “creepy” than just “acting nice” but not getting to the point so they dont know what your intentions are.

I can totally see that being legit. But it never hurts to small talk first just to see if she engages beyond the “typical” what she has to talk to you about because its her job.

good luck!
    Richiro

wee yin
    wee yin
    Participant
    September 2, 2019 at 3:35 am #206477

Hey, I would just be cool and act natural. Mentioning her hair would be a good start… if someone I liked said something to me about my hair it would make think about them so you would be in that persons head.

Don’t forget though, if she works on the till and there are other customers they will probably be listening to your conversation…. they could pick up on your feelings and say something when you leave. Hope you get on ok.

Nusher
    Nusher
    Participant
    September 3, 2019 at 2:01 pm #206490

Well I saw her today asked her how her day was, think she looked a bit surprised I had asked but she didn’t really have much to say just something about it being just the usual, I thought she might ask me but she didn’t so I guess she’s not into me, still don’t actually know if she likes women or not so I guess I should give up? 🙁