over romanticizing?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

over romanticizing?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 11:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

streya
    streya
    Participant
    September 2, 2019 at 1:07 pm #206483
    over romanticizing?

about 2 years ago I met this guy through work. We hung out with mutual friends outside of work. We ended up going out on a few dates, hung out, talked often & slept over at each other’s houses. I was a bit oblivious to things thanks to troubles with an ex; but even still gave the feel of “summer love”. He wasn’t from the US and had to leave back to the UK, and I left to the EU; we didn’t say goodbye because he insisted our paths would cross again. We’ve kept in touch little bits, sending each other pictures of our travels, songs we think each other might like, talked here and there about the possibility of seeing each other (minimally), and every birthday.I’m in the EU; I’m going to the UK next month, but he’s in Vietnam currently (in December 2018 he had said he’d be there for most of 2019). My question is do i reach out to him again since I’ll be in the UK? and if so how do I go about it? I’ve also never officially said i like him or vice versa, i don’t even know if he’s single….

streya
    streya
    Participant
    September 7, 2019 at 6:28 pm #206685

….? any kind of advice or thoughts??

Guise
    Guise
    Participant
    September 21, 2019 at 11:43 pm #207347

I’m no expert on this, but here’s my take. Maybe something like, “Hey, how’s it going?” Something casual and with little pressure to respond. If he responds, he’s definitely still interested in you. If not, then it’s best to move on.

Stellarvision
    Stellarvision
    Participant
    September 23, 2019 at 9:17 pm #207414

Does he know you’re going over to the UK? You could ask him about something in that context, like “Hey do you know any good places in ?” Then after he responds you can follow up with something like “A shame we missed each other this time!” and “You’ll have to make it up to me somehow” perhaps egging him on to visit you in the EU later on; or just joke how it’s like phone tag, but more expensive.

mullegoh
    mullegoh
    Participant
    September 26, 2019 at 6:43 am #207556

Say it to him and see his respons

gypsylove
    gypsylove
    Participant
    September 27, 2019 at 12:19 am #207653

I wouldnt tell him over text what your feelings are. Casually reach out to him and establish meeting up. If hes interested, in either being friends or romantically, he will want to meet up. Once your together in person, you can feel out the situation. Ask him how hes been, what his recent trips were like, and some point you can ask about if hes seeing someone. Its super easy to ask without being direct.

cantfinishmypost
    cantfinishmypost
    Participant
    September 29, 2019 at 12:10 pm #207712

i agree with Stellarvisions advice! I think you just need a little ice breaker and maybe he will respond and want to meet up. if he doesnt want to meet up, then i would move on.

Single1983
    Single1983
    Participant
    September 30, 2019 at 8:11 am #207720

Long distance relationships don’t work. Stop. You already know it’s not going to work. You just won’t admit it. Unless you’re going to move to the UK, or he’s going to move to the US, don’t drag it on. I’ve tried this in the military and it was a catastrophe.

JaLatham
    JaLatham
    Participant
    October 17, 2019 at 9:56 pm #223652

It’s hard when you’ve put so much time into someone. I don’t know if they work or not but believe it’s how bad you want it if you want to try a ldr.