Need advice on how to move things forward

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hatred_juice
    hatred_juice
    Participant
    September 29, 2019 at 3:59 pm #207721

Hi! I’m in need of advice.
    I like a girl who seems to like me as well. In the last 8-10 months:
    – we started talking together for short amount of times
    – then we started texting (not very frequently, but constantly)
    – in the end, we went out on what I would call “dates” (getting food, sitting on the seaside & chatting for a whole afternoon…)
    Now, I won’t have the chance to see her frequently anymore (we previously shared classes at university, but now we don’t) and I think that from now on I must explicitly set up a date to meet her. We aren’t texting very frequently (we never did: I don’t like texting & she keeps her phone silent most of the time and never looks at it), this is why I don’t feel too comfortable with asking her out via a message. I’d prefer to talk to her in person. Keep in mind that she’s a very shy & insecure girl (hates being at the centre of attention), while I’m not shy but I’m an introvert, even though right now texting her scares me more than talking to her!

hatred_juice
    hatred_juice
    Participant
    September 30, 2019 at 8:12 am #207722

CONTINUATION:
    So basically what I’m asking is: should I wait until the next time I see her (that is, next time we go out with our common friends) to talk to her, or should I text her (to ask her out)? I’ve noticed that even after a long time without seeing each other (for example, this summer, when we were both on holiday), her interest didn’t seem to diminish at all, and this makes me think I can wait until I see her next time. On the other hand, texting her would be good because I don’t want to lose too much time!
    If you’re curious and want more details, just ask 🙂
    Thanks!