My boyfriend and me have only stayed together 1 time.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sslk0928
    sslk0928
    Participant
    June 22, 2019 at 1:18 pm #202614

My boyfriend lives at home with his parents. He moved back there probably 3 years ago after college. We’ve been dating 9 months. I live alone in my own house. I don’t have much money. So I don’t have cable or internet. I have 3 dogs and a cat. My house is clean but it is run down and I do the best I can with what I have. It’s still a home and better than living in the streets. I couldn’t move home if I wanted to. There is no room for me at my moms. And I want to live on my own. I have for the last 5 years. I am 22 and he is 28. I have stayed one time with him at his parents place when they went on vacation. He has only been to my house maybe 3 times in the whole 9 months to watch a movie , I go to his parents house almost everyday. I feel like he doesn’t want to come to my house because of my dogs and because it’s not a nice house. And he won’t move out and get his own place even though he has plenty of money. I feel like this is straining our relationship. I don’t know what to do.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 23, 2019 at 9:39 pm #202650

There ae only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships.
    We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    Accept them (as is) or move on. The choice is up to us!
    Suffering is optional.

There is no amount of work or communication which can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want.
    Clearly if he loves staying with his parents, dislikes dogs, and your house, then he’s probably not “the one” for (you).
    Thankfully we live on a planet with over 7 Billion other people!

“..he has plenty of money” – He should! He’s working and living at home with his parents!

If you are unhappy in a relationship and choose to stay then you are choosing to be unhappy.
    The world may not owe you anything but (you) owe yourself the world!
    Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    Move on!