Move together with my "distance" girlfriend under one roof

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

asdigital
    asdigital
    Participant
    July 9, 2019 at 3:48 am #203460

Hello. I and my girlfriend are together for almost a year now. We both live and work in a different town, however, we meet and stay together 3-4 times per week (mostly her apartment and in the weekends).

Now we want to grow our relationship and move together under one roof, however, we always “fight” who will move to another person’s town. We both love, trust and like each other but we both don’t really like traveling (and losing) 3 hours to go and come back from work on a daily basis.

How can we solve this in a fair way?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 13, 2019 at 5:56 pm #203623

“we meet and stay together 3-4 times per week..”
    “we both don’t really like traveling (and losing) 3 hours to go and come back from work on a daily basis.”

You both need to side which more important being together or living apart.
    I chose to move from Southern California to be with my now wife who lived in the Chicago area.
    A few months later I found a good job and the rest is history.
    “If you really want something you will find a way. If you don’t you will find an excuse.’ – Jim Rohn

Someone has to step up to the plate and relocate or else your relationship has gone as far as it will.
    Some deciding factors may be who has the best or highest paying career.
    Which of you would probably have the easiest time to find a job making the same amount of money as now?
    Are their other circumstances such as being close senior parents.
    Is either of you a home owner?
    Do you believe you have found the person you want to marry?

When you’re “all in” you tend to focus on the upside.
    When you have doubts you play the “what if” game.

kai
    kai
    Participant
    July 14, 2019 at 2:16 pm #203641

What if always cause problems. you need a real good sit down and think this through

singlesteve
    singlesteve
    Participant
    July 15, 2019 at 1:27 am #203646

maybe you should consider in which town there are more possibilities for professional growth for both of you and then discuss everything together

RolandOfGilead
    RolandOfGilead
    Participant
    July 25, 2019 at 10:06 am #204320

I wouldn’t move in together if you’re seeking marriage. It’s not good for the long haul.
    And I’m not trying to be preachy here. The evidence shows that cohabitation increases your chance of divorce