Is this girl playing hard to get? Do I have even the smallest chance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Johnnyboy3271
    Johnnyboy3271
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 2:02 pm #224747

Is this girl playing hard to get? Is there a chance she likes me but doesn’t want a relationship at the moment?

I have been working as a temporary associate for walmart contracted through another company for about a month. I worked in the same area as this girl during my first week for two days. I had pretty good impressions she was flirting with me. I was definitely flirting back. Saying corny things like : you seem like a pretty hard worker with an obvious emphasis on pretty. The second day I asked her if she wanted to come to lunch with me. She said : “No I’m good.” After lunch I came back and talked to her. I said I’m sorry about what happened earlier you probably think I’m a creeper. She said your not a creep. Then I said You have a boyfriend right? She said you mean so and so ? I dont know what we are right now. Were not together now. I said well the secrets out now I like you. She said I just want to be single right now. Afterwards I kept saying hi. . She hasn’t been.

Johnnyboy3271
    Johnnyboy3271
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 2:23 pm #224749

Im confused as to why as I was walking off she stops me to say you can still say hi and stuff. Which hurt even more. Because I have no clue what that means. Especially because I kept saying hi for two days but then realized it didn’t seem like she wanted me to keep saying hi. So I have not said anything to her since I have completely avoided her and she hasn’t said anything to me.. Its really painful when I see her . I like this girl more then most girls I have liked in the past which makes it harder to move on. I have been trying to move on but everytime I see her my feelings come back. The few times Ivwas able to talk to her I felt different then I have before. I have strong feelings for her but I dont know if she will ever feel the same way.

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 4:07 pm #224755

Hey I saw u commented on my thread and since we’re both in a similar situation I thought I should comment on yours too. I dont think she’s playing hard to get, if you avoided her after saying hi, at some point she would’ve tried reaching out to you. It seems she’s really not reciprocating interest and maybe just likes the attention you give her. I’ve been in a similar case where my current crush said hi to me after rejection but eventually seemed cold whenever I tried saying hi to her or trying to talk with her unlike her enthusiasm when talkin to other guys.
    Whenever she’s around, keeping saying to yourself in your mind “if she was really worth pursuing and really wanted me back she would’ve made an effort to get to know me”. If she doesnt make ANY effort, why continue making any on her? Even if she’s naturally shy she would’ve still tried or hinted it. I cant say that she wont feel the same way for u but its best to move on. If she’s interested, the ball is in her court now.

Johnnyboy3271
    Johnnyboy3271
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 4:40 pm #224750

Any advice from women would be very helpful. I just do not understand women.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 4:56 pm #224769

” I asked her if she wanted to come to lunch with me. She said : “No I’m good.”
    “{She said I just want to be single right now.} Afterwards I kept saying hi. . She hasn’t been”
    “Im confused as to why as I was walking off she stops me to say {you can still say hi and stuff.}”

The answer to both of your questions is NO!!!
    She’s clearly not into you!
    You don’t stand a chance!

Nevertheless a lot of women still enjoy the attention they get from men they have no interest in dating.
    You boost her ego. I would continue to avoid her and find other girls to date.
    The “friend zone” sucks. (Move on. Suffering is optional.)

In order for (her) to have been “the one” she would have had to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

Johnnyboy3271
    Johnnyboy3271
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 10:50 pm #224780

Thanks a lot great advice

Johnnyboy3271
    Johnnyboy3271
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 10:54 pm #224781

Thanks to both of you who answered both good answers. I guess I knew all along because it is so obvious. Especially since she told me twice. I’m just in denial.. I definitely need to move on.