Is she interested or just really nice?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

justin1213
    justin1213
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 12:36 am #224261

I DM’d a girl that I went to high school with but never met or knew. She was surprisingly nice and enthusiastic, especially given that she’s never met me. She uses long words like “soooo” and “tooooo,” emojis and has sent a few long messages. She’s only asked me a few questions though, and has never initiated convos. We’ve had like 3 convos, and one time she texted at 2am. When she texts she’s enthusiastic, but it feels like I’m the one actually making the convo keep going and she’s never started one.

She has over 700 followers on Instagram and is very attractive so I’m sure people try to hit on or DM her often. She seems to have a sweet and nice nature. I can’t tell if she’s just really nice for some reason or if she’s interested in me.
    I’m trying not to lose interest but the uncertainty and fact that she doesn’t initiate texting is kind of diminishing my interest. Also we’re both in college, shes 1 hr away. Is there a chance or does she think of me as a text buddy?

justin1213
    justin1213
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 9:33 am #224284

Please help ASAP!

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 9:53 am #224285

There’s a chance that she’s interested but it seems more likely that shes just being nice/playful. Be careful, there are girls who are naturally playful with guys without necessarily being romantically interested in them. In your case you said she never initiates convos, that means either she is shy or isnt interested in a romantic way.

Torasel
    Torasel
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 12:53 pm #224292

I agree with you on this one. Girls tend not to see the flirty tone they might have. Try asking her to hang out – just for a stroll or similar, not for a date. That way you will get the best feedback. If she says yes – good for you! If not – good for you again because you won’t waste your time!

justin1213
    justin1213
    Participant
    October 31, 2019 at 8:50 am #224286

Would you ask her about it? Something like “hey I know we don’t really know each other but you seem really nice and like a cool person, and I’d like to get to know you better. I’m probably misreading things lol but I really enjoy talking to you”

AshleyTr
    AshleyTr
    Participant
    October 31, 2019 at 11:15 am #224424

To be realistic, you really cannot determine if a girl is interested on you or just being nice regardless of what her behavior. But my best advice for you is to be an optimistic person and assume that she is interested. Instead of overthinking that she might not like you, why not think of what if she likes me and I should definitely ask her out. So after reading this message, have a nice conversation with her and ask her out rightaway and show her what your intentions are. That is way more productive because if you do nothing, nothing would change.

occuliare
    occuliare
    Participant
    November 2, 2019 at 5:24 pm #224528

Just ask her. You never really know until you can know, you know?

Jack_P
    Jack_P
    Participant
    November 4, 2019 at 8:24 am #224544

If she’s a beautiful and popular girl, it is quite unlikely that she will become romantically invested online with someone who lives 1 hour away. She has a lot of choice already where she is. If you keep chatting with her, particularly if you always initiate the conversation, chances are you will be friend zoned. You should lead the conversation somewhere, you should go to for it. Try to tease her a little, make fun of her for something. Accuse her of flirting with you, in a lighthearted way. Test the ground and see how she reacts. If you see she’s interested, you should create as soon as possible an opportunity to hang out in person. Good luck!