Is he really busy or just not interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Naomi4477
    Naomi4477
    Participant
    June 8, 2019 at 1:40 pm #201736

So I have been talking to this guy for on an online dating app, and we had our first date last week. The date went really well, and he told me he had a good time, and asked when he could see me again. I told him in a couple of weeks, because I would be out of town. The next morning I messaged him, joked around about something, then told him I had fun last night. He said he did too and that he couldn’t wait to do it again. Then I told him that part of my trip had to be canceled, and that I was available to go on another date sooner than I thought. He responded with sounds awesome, yes we will do something. I suggested we go see a movie I have been wanting to see for a while, and then 2 days later he responded that would be good, but that he would have to get back with me because his week has gotten busier than he thought it would be. It’s been a few days and I haven’t heard from him since. I’m getting mixed signals, and I’m not sure if he’s really busy or just ignoring me.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 9, 2019 at 1:35 am #201737

Anytime you are in a “situationship” or undefined relationship you should keep your options open.
    This is especially true if you met someone over a dating app/site.
    Odds are you are NOT the only person he has been in contact with or would like to go out with.

The mistake a lot of novice daters make is acting as if they’re in a committed relationship.
    They put all their focus on (one person) when they start dating.

Dating however is more like job hunting.
    You wouldn’t send your resume to just (one company) and wait around to see if they will hire you.
    Instead you’d send your resume to multiple companies and have multiple interviews until you accepted a job offer.
    By the same token a company looking to hire someone would interview multiple candidates.
    Neither party would expect the other to suspend their search until they reached a mutual agreement.

You should be too busy dating and going out with other guys to be obsessing over this guy.
    If he gets back to you and you’re available and still interested you can go out again.
    In the meantime don’t sit around waiting by the phone. You’re single! Act like it!

jbm828
    jbm828
    Participant
    June 10, 2019 at 10:56 am #201777

I have a hard time with the application process. I feel like I can get an emotional connection quickly which makes it harder to pursue more then one.

bee
    bee
    Participant
    July 20, 2019 at 10:24 pm #204062

He might be busy, but people always make time for each other regardless. Let him come to you next time, if he is really interested he will make the effort.

msna
    msna
    Participant
    July 25, 2019 at 7:46 pm #204346

maybe you should talk to him to see where you guys stand? just be honest with him on how you really felt. also let him come to you 🙂

unluckyinlove22
    unluckyinlove22
    Participant
    August 6, 2019 at 3:04 pm #204948

I’d be honest and let him know that you are a little confused. Message him and then leave him to make the next move!

ellebelle
    ellebelle
    Participant
    August 7, 2019 at 7:43 pm #205052

I would honestly wait for him to reach out to you and pursue other options. In my experience, if someone is really into you, they’ll make time for you. I would keep my options open and see who else is out there without trying to force this guy to hang out with you again. I know it’s easier said than done, but people also have a difficult time rejecting someone outright.