I'm just really lonely :(

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sk123
    sk123
    Participant
    June 5, 2019 at 1:30 am #201632

Honestly, I just want someone to love me the way I see people loving each other in the hallways of my school. I’m so lonely, and all the guys that I think are interested in me just like my friend more and are sucking up to get me to put in a good word for them. And it isn’t like I’m constantly thinking about or seeking out a relationship, but every time I see someone in a happy relationship, I’m just reminded of how lonely I am in that area. I’m not the prettiest person or the most talented, but I like to think I have a good personality. But, that personality is overlooked and every guy I like runs to the next cheerleader or popular girl who has their arms open for them. I have no idea how to get over this, but someone please help me figure out how to cope with loneliness.

buhdumtsss
    buhdumtsss
    Participant
    June 5, 2019 at 2:48 am #201635

How old are you man?

sinpleman44
    sinpleman44
    Participant
    June 5, 2019 at 3:41 pm #201645

Hang in there buddy. You will find someone!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 6, 2019 at 9:13 am #201660

Unfortunately when we are young we convince ourselves all that matters is “Right Now”.
    Right now you probably don’t own a home or a car either. Right now is not is not the rest of your life!

The truth is your teenage years are nothing more than a “blip” on the screen of your life!
    Most of your life will be spent as an adult. A lot of people have had the same experience in their youth.
    Whatever you are feeling is temporary. Things can change in a year or when you go away to college.

There is something about being able to reinvent oneself when going away that really helps.
    Also the older you get the less importance you place on the various cliques around you.
    Trust me when you’re in you’re 20s and beyond you will hate you wasted time on such nonsense.

Just because you don’t have a boyfriend {right now} doesn’t mean you have to be lonely or depressed.
    That’s one part of anyone’s life. If you have great friends to socialize with and a supportive family you’re golden.
    Do well in school, be active in extracurricular activities/hobbies, and focus on the future you want.
    Keep things in perspective. Most people don’t meet their “soulmate” in their teens.
    They experience their 1st heartache! There are over 7 Billion people on this planet!
    You’ll have a boyfriend most likely get married some day.