I left for two weeks now he is distant.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 5:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bee
    bee
    Participant
    July 20, 2019 at 10:37 pm #204063

I’ve been seeing a guy I met on Bumble for a few months. Before I left on vacation we had a conversation where we both shared our interest in taking things slow but we wouldn’t be seeing other people while i was gone. I came back a week ago and he isn’t being as responsive as he used to be. When I was on my trip we texted here and there, now that I am back I have been texting him daily.

In those conversation I made plans with him, he said he was in a bad place, he finds it hard to do anything lately and was very busy at work but he’ll make time. Unfortunately I had to cancel due to work duties, but I haven’t been texting as much and he doesn’t seem interested in keeping the conversation or seeing me.

Is this guy pulling away or just needing some space to process what’s going on in his head? Dating in American culture is very confusing to me and I don’t know if I’m coming on too strong, I honestly feel like i’m chasing him more than he’s chasing me.

Brrr in Alaska
    Brrr in Alaska
    Participant
    July 21, 2019 at 5:34 pm #204070

I’m not going to get into a long winded explanation. Short answer is, he’s pulling away because you are chasing too much. Back off and see what happens. If it isn’t meant to be, why waste your time and energy. Other fish in the sea.

SeriousAquarius
    SeriousAquarius
    Participant
    July 21, 2019 at 11:25 pm #204079

Sounds like he put an iron in the fire while you were gone.

msna
    msna
    Participant
    July 25, 2019 at 7:44 pm #204345

You seem doing fine but it’s him girl! maybe he have alot of problem going on or maybe he not interested, so just do what best for you and meet other guys since he doesn’t contact you much and you guys are not exclusive yet.

aman0326
    aman0326
    Participant
    July 27, 2019 at 10:31 pm #204425

Did you talk to him about why you left? maybe he thinks he did something wrong.

monkeyguy8190
    monkeyguy8190
    Participant
    July 28, 2019 at 1:29 pm #204429

Maybe he thinks he did something wrong.

bee
    bee
    Participant
    July 30, 2019 at 6:50 pm #204612

Update: So he missed my 30th bday, hasn’t seen me in a month. He is comparing his feelings towards me with his previous relationship and we’ve concluded he isn’t fully over his past relationship after 2.5 years without her. So now he wants to keep me in his life as friends but I don’t want too, because he “really likes me” and he doesn’t know if i’m the person for him… Now What? My gut is telling me to forget about him and not even try the friends thing.

bellardcasandra
    bellardcasandra
    Participant
    August 1, 2019 at 3:31 am #204662

I’m not going to get into a long winded explanation. Short answer is, he’s pulling away because you are chasing too much. Back off and see what happens. If it isn’t meant to be, why waste your time and energy. Other fish in the sea.

bellardcasandra
    bellardcasandra
    Participant
    August 1, 2019 at 3:34 am #204663

Super confused about a girl
    I met a girl 5 months ago she told me she’s not interested in dating or marriage with anyone because she likes her space. I’m fine with that. Well within the last few weeks she’s been texting/calling me everyday and we’ve been hanging out nearly everyday. Seems like dating to me? We’ve even cuddled in her bed a couple times and played around but didn’t go all the way. But then last week we spent the night together and she didn’t want me to even cuddle her. We just slept in the same bed. So how do I go about asking her to either be friends with benefits Or date me without making her mad? I’m afraid she’ll get mad since she’s told me several times she doesn’t want to date anyone. But at the very least how do I ask her to be FWB?