How to find somone

DATING ADVICE FORUM

How to find somone

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nancy53
    Nancy53
    Participant
    November 5, 2019 at 12:27 am #224659
    How to find somone

So, I have been told that I am to honest on the sites. I am 53 and have tried the online dating sites. I am divorced and have been for 4 years. But, my question is this.. I have always been honest. I am not going to hide things and I am who I am. See, I am an ovarian cancer survivor and refuse to not tell a man because to me, that is a misrepresentation of who I am. I have held my head high and fought to be here. But, as soon as a guy hears I am a survivor they run! WHY? It drives me nuts! I did nothing to GET ovarian cancer and it just bothers me that some men can’t handle it! I want to say, I already handled it! I especially tell someone if they are a widow because I would never want to put someone into the situation they might have been already in at some point in their life! UGH

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 5, 2019 at 3:01 am #224663

Nancy, Your problem isn’t your honesty but rather your timing.
    There has to be more to you than being an ovarian cancer survivor!

How much effort and time are you investing to get to know the other person?
    Sounds like you’re more interested in excluding men than getting to know them.
    Are you a fun positive person to be around? Are you personable? Are you happy?
    Attractiveness, chemistry, personality, compatibility, and showing a man you’re interested in him matters most.

The majority of dates you go on are not going to become exclusive relationships.
    The majority of relationships you have are not going to lead to marriage.
    There is no need to jump into each other’s medical history right away. It’s just a date!

Talking about cancer, drug addictions, exes, abuse or anything heavy is not likely to lead to a second date!
    Dating is supposed to be a FUN social activity people choose to engage in.
    They expect laughter, flirtatious banter, and conversations about favorite foods, movies, bands, books, and places to visit.
    They want to learn about each other’s “bucket lists” and dreams.