Hey, some women's perspective needed.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 5:20 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

FrRiese
    FrRiese
    Participant
    August 1, 2019 at 6:24 am #204669

So; I’m looking forward to a first date with a girl I met about two weeks ago at a garden party. We had a great prolonged chat back then, lots of shared interests, now a first date, really looking forward to it. I got one problem though. *Roll drums*: I’m in my mid-30s and moved back into my parent’s home 2 years ago, which is not because ‘Norman Bates’ but because I decided to do a major shift in my professional life which I couldn’t have done without support. That shift is starting to work out, I got funding and am about to direct an proper indie movie in late September, which isn’t like some obscure stuff, I’ve made some short films before and this one has some legit, known actresses and will be the one where I’ll say: After shooting this I will finish it, look for an agent and a day job simultaniously and move out again (and SOON and FINALLY). So I know this is a turn off but I’d love to hear your opinion on that. I am wondering how and when I might present that to her.

FrRiese
    FrRiese
    Participant
    August 1, 2019 at 7:06 am #204670

That said: Naturally I would avoid telling her right away, especially during the 1st date, but since this *is* a part of my life right now, it can seem tricky to avoid it in conversation and I don’t want to be an evasive idiot if that moment comes earlier than I’d like.

EvaBabe
    EvaBabe
    Participant
    August 6, 2019 at 3:12 am #204889

Whereas I totally get that you may not feel like a total catch as someone living with the rents, it sounds like you have a solid plan. The best advice I can give is to A, own where you’re at with absolute confidence…she may be cool with it and have an amazing place you can spend private time. Don’t make it a thing or a bad thing. B, be unreasonable as life is for living into greatest possibilities! I know that as a man you want to be able to show up as independent and successful, a provider…. But if she is into you it won’t matter. Take a risk and be upfront and honest. Better than holding that key piece of information back for SURE.