Difficulty moving on from her

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    November 5, 2019 at 11:22 am #224697

Its been a month since being rejected and I have had difficulty moving on from this girl despite the fact that I’ve stopped pursuing her. I get the whole “not wasting your time wanting someone who doesn’t want you back” philosophy but its hard to apply in actions, especially since I’m in the same grade/ high school with this girl. She’s not enthusiastic whenever I talk to her in contrast to whenever she talks with other guys. It feels like torture to see her laugh and smile with other guys in lunchtime but very serious/casual when I talk to her. I thought I moved on from her 2 weeks ago but when I saw her again, my heart started to bring those feelings again. I don’t want to trick myself again, at this point, I really want to move on and stop having these feelings since she doesn’t reciprocate.
    I’ve tried ignoring her at times, or not looking at her, etc but these feelings keep wandering back.

So, how do I move on from her? especially given that we attend the same school?

Johnnyboy3271
    Johnnyboy3271
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 1:56 pm #224746

I know exactly how you feel to the t bro. It’s really difficult. I am currently in the same dilemma as you. I got rejected by s girl twice. It’s kind of a long story O won’t bore you with too many details. First she told me I just want to be single right now. The next time no not interested. Then as I’m walking off she stops me to say you can still say hi and stuff. Which hurt even more. Because I have no clue what that means. Especially because I kept saying hi for two days but then realized it didn’t seem like she wanted me to keep saying hi. So I have not said anything to her since I have completely avoided her and she hasn’t said anything to me. I would say try to move on depending on how much you like her. If you really like her maybe you should just be patient and in time you could have a better chance and try again. Despite how painful seeing her is and not being able to talk to her much. Maybe work on some self improvement goals in the meantime. To win her eventually

Hidden
    Hidden
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 3:37 pm #224752

I was in the same situation as you are.

You will never be able to completely forget, dont try to ignore your feelings for her, embrace them. You had the courage to ask her when she rejected you, and you should be proud of that. .Try to realize that you are unique, and that you only deserve someone who wants YOU. Those feelings you still have for her are normal, and they will only fade with time. Some things to help you move on:

Look at other girls. This is something I did, and it helps to remind you that there are endless amounts of girls that are beautiful and contain the same characteristics you see in this girl.

Focus on yourself. When other girls see you focusing on yourself, and that you don’t really care about what other people think they will want you to include them in this amazing life that you have.

All the pain you are going through, will make you stronger. You now have the balls to ask your crush out, and have learned how to conquer this rejection.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 5:27 pm #224773

“I get the whole “not wasting your time wanting someone who doesn’t want you back” philosophy but its hard to apply in actions” Here’s the deal; In order to “move on” you have to ACCEPT it’s over and WANT to let go!
    You really haven’t given up on her. On some level you’re still “hoping” she’ll like you back!

You were never even in a relationship with this girl!
    Imagine how you’d be if you had dated for a year and she dumped you.
    There’s no way you should be this emotionally invested in a girl who was NEVER your girlfriend!

Secondly your “high school” and “teenage years” are just a short chapter in your book of life.
    When you’re a mature adult you will look back at this time and kick yourself for thinking she was “the one”.
    As an adult you’re going to meet a lot of women!

In order for (her) to have been “the one” she would have had to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually wants to be with you!

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde