can i still save this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

can i still save this?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 3:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

steliou.marios
    steliou.marios
    Participant
    October 24, 2019 at 5:20 am #223893
    can i still save this?

I want to share my experience and get some advice. My girlfriend and I weren’t going well and decided that I should move on as this relationship was toxic. I was looking to find that special one. Met with many women but just didn’t have the connection I was looking for. Then one day I met ANNA. She was here for vacations. From the first seconds of meeting her I felt like there was an instant connection felt like I knew her for all my life. She brought another self of me that I never thought was there. The romantic, compassionate, loving side of me. I never felt like that with any other woman.. The passion, the connection, being able to understand each other was out of this world. On the last day she told me that she decided to move to my country on October for ever
    In the meantime, my ex was in a very bad situation after learning about anna. … so I visited her a few times. Anna found out and she unfollowed me from insta.

steliou.marios
    steliou.marios
    Participant
    October 24, 2019 at 5:20 am #223894

I tried to contact her. I was sending her one message every 2 or 3 days… then I decided to book a ticket to go talk to anna.I told anna that I was going and she immediately told me to cancel it and blocked me from social media.
    On her birthday I decided to find a way to send her flowers. I waited until 00:00 that night to send her a message . she replied next morning and then unblocked me from insta.
    Then a few days later I asked her if she got the flowers..she waited almost a week and then one day at 5:00am I got a thank you x message.
    Now anna is constantly viewing my Instagram stories as well as my exe’s Instagram stories.
    I really don’t want to screw this up. And I always prefer to regret the chances i took rather than the ones I didn’t take. What do you people suggest I do now?

DeadBeatTrapper
    DeadBeatTrapper
    Participant
    October 24, 2019 at 9:22 am #223924

Ask to visit her, book a plane ticket, and spend time with her

DeadBeatTrapper
    DeadBeatTrapper
    Participant
    October 24, 2019 at 9:22 am #223926

Also, make sure to let her know that you and your ex are not together!

steliou.marios
    steliou.marios
    Participant
    October 25, 2019 at 7:58 am #224003

i already booked a ticket to go. when i booked the ticket i sent her a screenshot without the dates and she immediately told me to calcel it.
    Do you think i should still go? even if she is not replying my last texts? I dont wanna come across as a creep …

Intergenerational
    Intergenerational
    Participant
    October 25, 2019 at 1:50 pm #224026

It doesn’t sound like she has a lot of faith in your or the relationship. I sense a good degree of paranoia and fluctuation/uncertainty on her part. You need to spend considerably more time getting to know her and see how she handles stressful situations. Anything like what happen before occurs again would suggest that she is not ready for the kind of commitment you are seeking and as such it would be wise for you to move on and put it behind you.

toooldforthis
    toooldforthis
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 6:14 am #224067

Go visit her. What have you got to lose? It seems over now anyway so go to her, explain face to face and then if that doesn’t work move on.

RoyH57
    RoyH57
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 7:59 pm #224174

Personally I would not go if you showed her the ticket and she told you to cancel it- I know thats hard to hear but maybe you can spend some time communicating online and gaining her trust and then going to visit. I think that gives you more of a chance in the long run- if you just show up and she doesn’t want you there its pretty much game over in my opinion.

Best of luck to you!

Kalin B.
    Kalin B.
    Participant
    October 29, 2019 at 2:29 pm #224216

Hey brother, this is what I have for you. First of all, I understand. You met a woman that makes your heart vibrate, this is rare for us men right..? To be with a woman that is a song, a story to us, a short clip we watch in slow motion. When we have that, we want to keep it at all cost, because we see a beautiful future in it, we want to spend our life with a woman that has this meaning for us. I GET IT!

BUT you must understand that reality is, a woman is attracted to the unapologetic, masculine nature of man – his grounding and acceptance of reality. And reality is you did what you thought was necessary to do when your EX felt bad, you helped her out and this is a VERY masculine thing you did. Anna found out and she got upset, and you started a series of messages and even offered to book a ticket to come all the way to meet her to explain and say sorry… When in fact, YOU DID NOTHING WRONG!

steliou.marios
    steliou.marios
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 6:03 am #224733
    Reply To: can i still save this?

so a quick update,

I started messaging her again. although her replies were cold.
    So i decided to take a risk. i said to her that i feel that she doesn’t have feelings anymore and i will not bother her again…
    Then i didn’t send her any other text. a week later after not messaging her again she followed me on instagram.
    she even replied to one of my stories. i answered back to her with one word only.

After this i am definitely going..

Now the question is how should i react to this situation and not screw things up until i go

Does this show that she still has feelings and just playing hard to get?
    Should i follow her back?
    Do you think its better to keep contact by messaging her every once in a while or just wait for her to message me first every time?

Johnnyboy3271
    Johnnyboy3271
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 1:45 pm #224745

She could be playing hard to get. I would certainly try to be patient. Dont act to desperate like I have in the past. If you really like her you dont want to shoot yourself in the foot and blow your chances. I feel like girls like playing games with guys.

Malthe
    Malthe
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 10:08 pm #224778

you should give a trail don’t lose your hope always hope for the good this is not the end there is still good opportunity to approach her..