Boyfriend vs Family Life

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Boyfriend vs Family Life

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 3:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bhersh01
    Bhersh01
    Participant
    October 25, 2019 at 3:13 pm #224038
    Boyfriend vs Family Life

Okay, so here is the story. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 7 months. We have fun when we are together and enjoy doing many of the same things. He is nice to me and treats me well. But here is the problem, he doesn’t really fit into my life. He always has to take over the conversation and state that he knows more than someone else. He one time debated with my best friend from college about a topic that she is currently getting her Master’s in and has worked in the field for almost 10 years. He also doesn’t know the right time or place to say things, which comes off rude. Pretty much he lacks social skills. And I can’t have him around my family because of the way he acts. He can’t participate in family activities because he is rude to the important people in my life. That doesn’t work because everything I do involves me interacting with guests and clients. He also has the issue with my job, or as he calls it “not a real job”. Trying to decide what to do.

Bhersh01
    Bhersh01
    Participant
    October 28, 2019 at 8:17 am #224039

Also this is my first boyfriend I have had. Sadly, at 26 I finally got one. So part of my fear is to let him go when I spent so long just trying to get a date with a guy. I don’t wanna be the big sister whose little sister will probably get married before her. Just need some help on what to do. I love him but I cant live two separate lives.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 4, 2019 at 2:32 am #224555

“But here is the problem, he doesn’t really fit into my life.”
    “He can’t participate in family activities because he is rude to the important people in my life.”
    “I don’t wanna be the big sister whose little sister will probably get married before her.”

Life is a personal journey!
    You and your sister are not in a competition.
    You shouldn’t “settle” for someone who doesn’t “fit into your life”. Suffering is optional.
    Don’t ignore “red flags”! Life is too short to be trying to change water into wine.
    The goal is to find someone who (already is) what you want in a mate.
    There are over 7 Billion other people on the planet! You do have options!

When it comes to love and relationships most of us (fail our way) to success.
    Very few people hit a homerun their first, second, third, or fourth time up at bat.
    If this were not the case we would all be married to our high school sweethearts!
    Rarely does anyone’s “first love” end up being their “happily ever after love”.
    Move on.

Malthe
    Malthe
    Participant
    November 7, 2019 at 5:11 pm #224841

Don’t!
    A boyfriend is an addition to your life, not a substitution.

If your boyfriend is making you miss school in order to hang out with him or is otherwise encouraging you to do bad things, then he is not worth being with. A good boyfriend wants you to succeed, to do the best in life, to do well in school, to follow your dreams. He won’t want you to have detention. He will make you a nice meal if you are short in time. A good boyfriend brings out the best in you, not the lying, secretive behavior. He won’t ask you for sex either. If he does want sex or stuff about sex all the time, then maybe that is all he wants you for.

simonjack
    simonjack
    Participant
    November 10, 2019 at 6:20 pm #224944

Friendship is very sweet but make sure that you did it at teen age before going into marriage.