Am I Wrong?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I Wrong?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 3:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dazednotconfused
    dazednotconfused
    Participant
    November 16, 2019 at 12:12 am #225184
    Am I Wrong?

I met a guy on a dating app a while back…. we hit it off liked the same things, our goals and future plans aligned, but he hadn’t at any point asked for my number or asked me out. I ended up deleting my account because I couldn’t find any other prospects as fitting as he was. But later I regretted not getting his number or social media. So I remade my account and we matched again! But he never got in contact or ended up messaging me…… and since the first time we matched I messaged him I thought this time I would see if he would message first. I waited almost a month and nothing so I “unmatched”…. anyways weeks later I’m sitting here mad at myself for not telling him I was interested in him, but I didn’t want to be so straightforward since I was the one that messaged him first already and a girl likes a guy that takes initiative. But I want to know if I am wrong and if I was wrong I’m not moving forward the second time or if I’m overthinking the entire thing.

dustthrowaway
    dustthrowaway
    Participant
    November 16, 2019 at 12:47 am #225189

I think it’s time to move on and admit that he’s probably not as interested as you are, it hurts but that is life. No point pushing for something that isn’t working!

toriabulous
    toriabulous
    Participant
    November 17, 2019 at 1:44 pm #225209

You are not overthinking anything. With the way the two of you matched so well, he should have asked you for your number. I do know that a Guy feels, if he asks a girl for her number, he is being pushy or rushy. I was told that by a Guy before when I asked him why he hadn’t asked for my number as well as we were talking online? That is what he answered to me by. I do think you are feeling him more than he is you, he showed you that he is not really feeling you when you rematched up with him and he didn’t act on it. Take that action as a reaction to him wanting more, and you move forward with no thought of him. He could have told you he has interest in you just like you think you should have told him. Nowadays, you can’t sit on your hands when you have interest in a Man. You go about your interest in a ladylike fashion and just lay your cards out to him as the female you are. You’re not being straightforward. You’re being honest and not mincing words or actions…

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 6, 2019 at 10:25 am #226260

“.. he hadn’t at any point asked for my number or asked me out.”

He’s clearly not romantically interested in you.
    When a guy likes a girl he’s going to ask her for her number, email her, or invite her out.
    You put the ball in his court when you messaged him. You shouldn’t have to do all of the lifting.

There are two types of rejections.
    1. Direct – When someone tells you “no”
    2. Indirect – When someone avoids you or doesn’t pursue you.

Imagine being at a party watching a guy you like ask every girl (except you) to dance.
    That’s an example of indirect rejection.

Generally speaking when there is a (mutual) interest there is an “infatuation phase”.
    Both people bend over backwards to impress and please each other. Neither person wants to risk “blowing it”.
    Based upon what you’ve stated it doesn’t sound like this guy noticed you were off the app. He’s not “the one”.
    Move on…

Simisola
    Simisola
    Participant
    December 12, 2019 at 4:40 am #226518

Move on sis. There are a lot more guys who won’t give you such a hard time.

Jeik
    Jeik
    Participant
    December 13, 2019 at 6:08 pm #226569

I say give it a shot.. either he replies, or he don’t reply which is the same as not trying

anon28056
    anon28056
    Participant
    December 14, 2019 at 3:03 pm #226573

There are plenty more fish in the sea.