A guy could go days no contact with a girl he likes?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

monkeygirl
    monkeygirl
    Participant
    October 29, 2019 at 8:49 pm #224248

Hello, I’m new here! (sorry english, not my mother tongue)

I was texting this guy for 2 months. He used to compliment my appearance here and there, we used to have long and meaningful conversations, very good connection overall. Sometimes he started the contact, sometimes me. We used to talk 2 or 3 times a week. 
    So, I notice since we started to talk each other, he changed a little. For instance, he used to use a very depreciative humor around his friends and me in a group, now he stopped. He used to be playful with me, now he’s more like, “respectful” towards me (but kept the conversations pattern and being very kind). 
    If that help: He is nerdy, introverted and shy. Very religious and conservative too. 

So, he travelled and since then (a week and so) he stopped to contact me.

Is it possible he had lost interested or something? Or he’s just insecure towards me? 

What should I do? I don’t know if I start contact with him after that, because I was the one who started the contact last time.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by monkeygirl monkeygirl.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by monkeygirl monkeygirl.
    justin1213
    justin1213
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 12:16 am #224258

I don’t know the nature of his travel or what happened with it. But before you said that about the situation I would’ve said that he likes you and was getting more serious in a sort of attempt to start a serious relationship. Especially because he is a shy, nerdy Christian kind of guy. One thing to consider is how flirty you’re being back. It’s very difficult for an introverted person to stick themselves out of the other person isn’t showing the same level of interest. Again I don’t know the exact situation, but this could be a possibility that maybe he thinks you like him only as a friend and has lost interest. I’d say just ask him point blank why he stopped contacting you and make you intentions known so it’s easier for both parties to respond.

monkeygirl
    monkeygirl
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 10:13 am #224289

Thank you very much for your answer!

Yes, I thought I could be acting in a way he thinks I like him as a friend. But how could I be, you know, flirty or at least make clear to a very christian guy that I like him without freak him out? I’m kind of shy too.

Torasel
    Torasel
    Participant
    October 30, 2019 at 12:57 pm #224293

I don’t think that he lost interest. It is just that maybe he wants some approval or “signal” that you want something more. Try being honest with him as you were here and tell him what is bothering you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 4, 2019 at 2:15 am #224554

After two months people should know whether or not there is a romantic interest.
    Actions speak louder than words. Has he ever asked you out on a date?
    Were these long “meaningful conversations” ever (personal) or simply generic topics in depth?

You said: “He used to compliment my appearance here and there”
    Did YOU ever compliment HIS appearance or give him ANY reason to believe YOU were Attracted to Him?

It’s possible he has given up on you because you weren’t showing a romantic interest in him.
    He may also have met someone else and believes he would be somehow cheating on her by flirting with you.

Truth be told if two people like each other it shouldn’t be this hard to make a romantic connection.
    One or both of you are ignoring or misreading each other’s signals. If you were on the same page there wouldn’t be doubt.
    Tell him about the changes you’ve noticed in him and let him know you thought there was a spark between you guys.
    If he’s not interested move on.