28 and a kissless virgin.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 1:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MCmongoose
    MCmongoose
    Participant
    November 30, 2019 at 4:41 am #225833

I’m not hideous or unpleasant but I just can’t seem to get it right. The only person I can blame is myself but I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

What’s worse is there are more and more stereotypes around the v-card making me afraid to try. Particularly the idea spreading through some parts the internet that (male) virgins are dangerous.

edwardjones889
    edwardjones889
    Participant
    December 1, 2019 at 9:01 pm #225851

whats the specific issue? getting dates? speaking to girls? too many first dates?

MCmongoose
    MCmongoose
    Participant
    December 2, 2019 at 8:06 am #225858

The first two.

MCmongoose
    MCmongoose
    Participant
    December 2, 2019 at 8:06 am #225859

Getting dates, talking to girls and the crushing feeling that I’ve missed out on too much already.

MCmongoose
    MCmongoose
    Participant
    December 2, 2019 at 8:06 am #225861

@edwardjones889 The first two and the crushing feeling that I’ve missed too much already.

edwardjones889
    edwardjones889
    Participant
    December 2, 2019 at 3:26 pm #225922

Start taking chances. Just talk casual at first

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 2, 2019 at 3:27 pm #225971

There are usually three reasons why guys find themselves in your position.

1. Lack of confidence/Fear of rejection.

2. They’re aiming out of their league.

3. They don’t have any close male friends who ARE getting laid to mentor them.

Women are not some alien species that dropped down on earth from another planet.
    It’s not hard to figure out what women find attractive about men and then strive to cultivate those traits.

“Become SOMEBODY!” – In other words become well known for having a talent/skill, wealth, leadership/alpha male traits.
    Be comfortable in your own skin, have a great sense of humor, consider joining some hobby/interest clubs on Meetup.
    Go to “happy hours” after work on Fridays, maybe hit a couple of nightclubs, bars, other places where people cut loose.

Have some “practice dates/romance” by going out with a few girls you’re not all that interested in or believe will say “yes”.
    Join a few online dating sites/apps. Baby steps! Have FUN!

MCmongoose
    MCmongoose
    Participant
    December 4, 2019 at 2:08 pm #226094

@dashingscorpio do you think I can make up for lost time? I have this somewhat immature fear that I won’t get to use it before it falls off.

Confused94
    Confused94
    Participant
    December 4, 2019 at 2:11 pm #226096

There is nothing wrong with being a virgin.

chrisharders
    chrisharders
    Participant
    December 6, 2019 at 11:04 pm #226267

So first off, you’re doing fine. I know it might not seem like that now, but promise that you are.

I was a virgin til 23 simply because I was clueless with how to start. Once I had someone give me some relatively basic advice, I lost my virginity within 2 weeks. Being a virgin weighed on me most of my life and I felt similarly to you with the apprehensions about being a virgin.

I will say, you’re overthinking pretty much everything right now. Yes, being a virgin will turn some women off (might be tough to read, but let’s face it… you’re already thinking it) but how much longer are you going to let that hold you back.

Do not think of having “lost time” in any way… I meet many guys in their 30s and above who are equally as lost as you who have been in one relationship since high school and are feeling equally clueless and as though there is some sense of “lost time.”

Stop comparing yourself to others. There’s a ton more I could say on the technical stuff…